Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week Three

Well well well looks like Ive made it to Week Three and beyond! Things are looking up for young Jennikybooky. Or are they? Read on........

Saturday 26th January

Woke up with supremo hangover in Fran's house but then had a lovely walk home in the sunshine which put me in a great humour. The stress relief from having got the exam over and done with was orgasmic and I was completely exhausted from studyin like a mofo all week so I washed me sleepy head when I got home and then curled up in my little cream leaba. Bliss!

Sunday 27th January

Jesus Christ if I EVER see another spud again I will friggin implode! What was I THINKING buying that 10kg bag? Roast spuds, boiled spuds, mashed spuds, spuds in a salad, baked spuds, potato rosti, potato scallops, twice baked potato, spuds in my nightmares, spuds following me down dark alleys. Never again.

The sun was splitting the rocks today so myself and Roommate strolled into town and around this gorgeous park where there were squillions of old people having picnics. It put me in a great mood and made me glad to be living here. Italians really know how to enjoy life. I noticed none of them were eating spuds.

Monday 28th January

Ok happy time is officially over. Have an exam on Friday and have forgotten every word of French I ever knew. Couple that with my complete lack of knowledge of Belgian and African literature and the future looks bleak. Stress levels are mounting. Get up at the crack of dawn and head to gym like a rabid animal. Then go home and speed read a Belgian detective novel. Compelling stuff.

Tuesday 29th January

Friday is drawing ever nearer but this doesnt seem to inhibit my ability to procrastinate.

Wednesday and Thursday fly by in much the same manner.

Friday 1st February

Get up and head into exam only to be told that I have to take mine on the 21st of Feb. Fine by me, I says.Yesterday was The Man's birthday. He is pretending to be 29 but really he's 47 and everyone knows it. It's embarrassing really. So today we were going to go for lunch. Wait around town til lunch time then call him only to discover that he is still in bed and won't be joining us for lunch. How thoughtful, seeming as it was in honour of him. So myself and Classmate head for a gorgeous Greek lunch on which I spend me last tenner.

Head home lovely and relaxed and in my good humour I go against everything that Eddie has taught me and take a score out of the bank machine and go shopping for a few bits to make The Man a birthday cake. But not only that, my friends, oh no. I say to myself "Hey, it's a special occasion" and splash out on a bottle of prosecco. And none of the cheap stuff I buy myself either, oh no. The good shit. So go home and bake a deliciously moist and wonderful chocolate torta for me oul man and what happens? He doesn't feel like coming over. He's going to stay at home and read. Read what, I hear you asking? The Bible. The fucking Bible. Im like are you actually going to make me eat your birthday cake on my own? Apparently so. He says "lets eat it tomorow" Tomorrow? TOMORROW? One word for you Man "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnah!" So I sat down with Roommate and we defiantly put a fine dent in that cake. He ain't never gonna see a CRUMB of this cake!

I dont get it. Like I really dont get it. If someone went to the time and effort to make me a cake, or make me anything for that matter, I would be so touched it would bring a tear to my eye. Needless to say I was really hurt and upset. But then myself and Roommate watched The Mighty Boosh until I got a cramp in my cheek from laughin and I had to turn it off. Good times!

So that's about the size of my week. Not very exciting or eventful. Sorry will try harder next week.

High Point: The lovely weather.

Low point: The Twix still eludes me.

But I dont like to end on a low note. Here's a song:

Turnaround,
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turnaround,
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround,
Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround,
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes,
Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes,
Every now and then I fall apart
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever

Until next week chums!

No comments: